Information Security Analyst
Camelot is the leading solutions and technology provider to lotteries around the world, helping customers reach new players and deliver responsible growth through increasing engagement with the lottery brand, leveraging digital technology, and providing new ways to play. Our next-generation digital and data platforms, technology and advisory partnerships, power some of the most innovative and fastest growing lotteries in the world. We have an unrivalled track record of delivering long-term digital and retail growth, supported by a history of integrity, security and transparency.
The Information Security team are responsible for facilitating the secure delivery of Camelot Lottery Solution’s products and services, where we operate lotteries, provide platforms to other lottery operators, or in the development and provision of software. Our role is to make Information Security relevant, simple and transformational, and support our colleagues in achieving their goals in a secure manner. This role will report directly into the Lead Security Architect and will be based in Central London, with occasional travel to Camelot Lottery Solution’s sites in Europe and the US.
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
- Review security incident logs and security anomaly reports to determine active threats to the organisation.
- To determine the relative importance of patches to the Camelot LS infrastructure, working with IT teams to ensure the timely deployment of critical patches.
- Investigate security breaches and other cyber security incidents to determine their root cause.
- Work with wider security team to perform tests and uncover network vulnerabilities.
- Stay current on IT security trends and news.
- Research security enhancements and make recommendations to management.
- Protect information and information systems against unauthorised access, modification or destruction
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Define, implement and maintain corporate security policies
- Assist in the provision of security awareness training
- Undertake security assessments of network infrastructure, hosts and applications
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
- Actively work as part of Camelot Lottery Solutions Information Security team to support secure delivery of business objectives
- Maintenance of a technical security risk register and associated remediation plans, development of business cases for investment where required
- Work with the lead security architect and IT teams to evolve the security architecture, design and implementing the required tools to help detect, prevent and respond to security incidents.
- Undertake directly or with the support of others technical security hygiene and security debt reduction initiatives e.g. regular technical reviews and audits of security configuration of security enforcing functionality e.g. firewall rules, IPS policies, access control and patching status.
- Analyst Role responsibilities include owning the security tooling and monitoring systems used to detect and respond to attempted cyber attack and fraud from external or internal parties.
- Oversee/manage the SIEM systems
- Assist with the investigation of potential security incidents.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field.
- Experience in information security or related field.
- CISSP desirable
- Experience of security governance and compliance (e.g. GDPR, PCI-DSS, ISO2700)
- At least three years experience of a technically focused security role across a range of technologies
- Understanding of patch management with the ability to deploy patches in a timely manner while understanding business impact.
- Good understanding of network security including but not limited to firewalls and IPS.
- Robust knowledge of the OWASP top ten risks and remediation strategies.
- Demonstrable experience of troubleshooting and problem solving under pressure.
- Experience in conducting risk assessments and making judgements on technical security risk desirable.
- Strong personable skills and team player
We will provide you with a series of exciting global challenges together with the tools, equipment and support to give you the best possible chance of succeeding. Most importantly, we will give you the opportunity to work in a culture that is energetic, passionate and innovative and you’ll get to work with some of the most impressive people in technology! Bring your passion, curiosity, talent and innovation to our team and we will give you an environment full of challenges to flourish in.
Salary depends on experience but is always competitive plus an annual bonus tied to both your and the company’s performance. In addition we provide a range of other benefits including a competitive pension contribution, private medical cover, life assurance, permanent health insurance, subsidised gym membership, etc. As well as the opportunity to get involved in good causes initiative and events, team activities, sporting and cultural events.